Sunday, July 18, 2010

18 Roses. 18 Candles. 18 Treasures. 18 DRUGS.


Recently, I've been planning for my so-called classic-type debut where everyone wears a semi-formal or formal attire. The girls wear their best cocktail dresses or gowns with the most appropriate make up, accessories, shoes, and the like while the boys wear their long sleeves and neck tie or maybe some sporting in their suits.
I've got some ideas but it's not yet coherent. I've been wanting a debut that is not like the other debuts I have attended. All the frills and the errors we cannot avoid but being unprepared can always be averted with enough planning. To me, most debuts are cliche. Kumbaga, gasgas na eh. Maybe for the debutante, it's not but for the gue
sts, it's a HELL YEAH! They dance, give gifts to the debutante, share their wishes and stories, dine togeth
er, take pictures, apply make-up, dance all night, drink cocktails, , guests get their souvenirs, and go home when the clock strikes at 12am.

Here are THREE things I'm expecting for my debut, just in case I'll be having one and I won't be timid or lazy to prepare for my debut:
1) Gowns-There certainly must be at least 2 gowns and 1 casual wear for my performance. :P
Ball Gown inspired by Taylor Swift's "Love Story" Music Video:

I've already asked the designer of Coexist, Camille Co, on how much would a gown like this cost and it's going to be around 20-30K. WOAH! I wonder if my mommy will allow me. Haha!
I might not be going for this color, I still don't have a color motif for my debut. Maybe gold plus another color for the gown.
Though I still have plans of getting Happy Andrada, who seems to be a more competent designer for she has joined the Philippine Fashion week a lot of times already and has released a lot of collection in ramps and gala shows already.

Here's another gown I've seen which captures my idea of a ball gown:
The Venus Ball Gown

Looks so majestic and Venus-like. Haha!

Cocktail Dress
Hermione Granger's dress during the ball in HP Goblet of Fire movie:

Maybe have it shorter then with a tail-like strip of cloth at the back. Still no color combos on my mind but this one. Haha

2) Title:
Expressions
Elka Turns 18
Background: Like KC Concepcion's show Simply KC for the banner/posters/stuff like that.
Pre-debut photoshoot too!



3) Have an additional 18 drugs. As a BS Pharmacy student, I have memorized the medical terms and the classifications of drugs such as anti-flatulent, anti-spasmodic, antacids, anti-diarrheal, etc. They'll make a wish for my health and anything under the sun that they want to say related to drugs. Maybe this will be in participation of my 1B Ph blockmates. Eh?

The problem arises now. If I will be able to complete my 18 roses...
And who will be my 18th dance?

2 comments:

Sam said...

ELKAAAAA! I WANT A DEBUT AS WELL! :(
nice choice of gowns. :> hihi!
plan a debut na! :D

I want mine to be semi-formal eh. ang hassle kasi nung super formal. :|

Elka said...

I want it to be smart casual to semi-formal too. And I'm the only one having those sets of gowns.

'Pag hindi talaga ako tinamad at nagustuhan ko talaga magdebut kesa sa mag asian cruise ulit, saka ako magdedebut. :>
For sure, you'll be one of my candles, treasures, or DRUGS. :>