Thursday, October 07, 2010

Your universe

Finals for Chemisty 100 Lab is over and I got 7 mistakes out of 40 points. Pwede na but the exam was quite easy. There are tons of information I have learned that assuages my concern of being able to get a higher mark in Chem.
Anyway, the second to the last experiment we've done was all about Thermochemistry. This time I was able to compute for an accurate, precise, and real-life values of heat in our experiment. Compared to HS, all we did was read the book, listen to the teacher and figure out how to explain to ourselves how calorimetry is done. We had a improvised calorimeter by using 3 styrofoam cups which makes the system an isolated one.

Look closely with the definitions used in Thermochemistry:
System- part of the universe that is of interest.
Surroundings- the rest of the universe outside the interest.

I wish to be your system so that I am of your interest and part of your universe as well and never just your surroundings. :) I am an isolated system.

No comments: