Saturday, October 23, 2010

"Busy?"

I was never busy. I'm only preoccupied. Never did it appear that busy was synonymous to preoccupied.
When I say I am preoccupied, something is "booked" in my schedule. Either I cancel things, postpone it, make adjustments.
When I say I am busy, I have no time for nonsense things.

Confused?


pre·oc·cu·py

[pree-ok-yuh-pahy] Show IPA
–verb (used with object), -pied, -py·ing.
1.
to absorb or engross to the exclusion of other things.
2.
to occupy beforehand or before others.

bus·y

[biz-ee] Show IPAadjective, bus·i·er, bus·i·est, verb, bus·ied, bus·y·ing.
–adjective
1.
actively and attentively engaged in work or a pastime: busywith her work.
2.
not at leisure; otherwise engaged: He couldn't see anyvisitors because he was busy.
3.
full of or characterized by activity: a busy life.
4.
(of a telephone line) in use by a party or parties and notimmediately accessible.
5.
officious; meddlesome; prying.
6.
ornate, disparate, or clashing in design or colors; clutteredwith small,


In your case, I was never busy, I can always find time FOR YOU amidst being preoccupied of mine.

No comments: